Supportive Services for Veteran Families

Promoting housing stability for eligible Veteran families in Texas

The goal of the SSVF Program is to promote equitable housing stability services to low-income Veteran families who reside in or are transitioning to permanent housing. CPLC provides a range of supportive services to SSVF participants created to resolve the immediate housing crisis and promote housing stability. Services are available in Hidalgo, Cameron, Willacy, and Starr Counties, Texas.

Supportive services provided to veteran households:

Rapid Resolution

Rapid Resolution is a trauma-informed service designed to help Veterans avoid homelessness or enter the emergency shelter system. It involves a series of approaches and services, including supportive services, conflict resolution, and limited financial assistance.

Shallow Subsidy Service

Veteran households who qualify and are engaged in Rapid Rehousing or Homeless Prevention services receive rental help through the SSVF Shallow Subsidy service. For a two-year period, CPLC can pay up to 50% of the rent to landlords directly while also receiving case management services to help maintain housing stability. After the first Shallow Subsidy period, veterans may recertify if it's necessary to keep their permanent housing.

To become a participant household under the SSVF Program, the following conditions must be met:

  1. Is residing in permanent housing and at risk of becoming literally homeless but for grantee’s assistance;
  2. Is literally homeless and at risk to remain in this situation but for grantee’s assistance and scheduled to become a resident of permanent housing within 90 days pending the location or development of housing suitable for permanent housing; or
  3. Is literally homeless after exiting permanent housing within the previous 90 days to seek other housing that is responsive to the very low-income Veteran family’s needs and preferences.

Contact Us

Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)

120 W 5th St
Weslaco, TX 78596

(888) 243-1270