The State of the Latino Vote
13th Nov 2020
Chicanos Por La Causa teamed up with the CPLC Action Fund for a frank discussion on the State of the Latino Vote. Our featured panelists of political experts, community organizers, elected officials and state leaders addressed a wide range of angles, including:
- What was the Latino impact on the 2020 election?
- What will be the Latino influence moving forward?
- What are the top Latino challenges and opportunities?
- What is the status of Latino leadership and participation in public policy?
- What role does the regional power of the Latino vote in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas and Southern California have nationally?
Opening remarks: David Adame, President & CEO of Chicanos Por La Causa and Board Chairman of Chicanos Por La Causa Action Fund
- Lydia Camarillo, President, Southwest Voter Registration Education Project & Willie Velasquez Institute; Nevada Assemblyman
- Edgar Flores, chair of the Hispanic Legislative Caucus; Harris County (Texas) Commissioner
- Adrian Garcia, Precinct 2; Lydia Guzman, CPLC Director of Advocacy & Civic Engagement
- Cindy Nava, Political Director for U.S. Senator-elect Ben Ray Lujan, D-New Mexico
- Tomas Robles Jr., Co-Executive Director, Living United for Change in Arizona (LUCHA)
- Eduardo Sainz, Arizona State Director, Mi Familia Vota; and Rep
- Raquel Teran, Arizona House of Representatives, District 30
Moderator: Joseph Garcia, Executive Director of Chicanos Por La Causa Action Fund and Director of Public Policy for Chicanos Por La Causa
Click here to watch the event: https://fb.watch/1PNUFx1g0y/