CPLC Community Schools offer high school students in low-income communities a culturally-relevant learning environment that caters to each student’s individual needs. Our vision is to grow the future leaders of our community by increasing educational achievement, graduation rates, civic participation, and college entrance and graduation. We are a non-profit charter holder for two charter high schools in the Tucson Area.We value community-focused education (CFE) and integrate the knowledge base of the local community into the learning environment through the following:
- Use of the predominant language of the community
- Teaching strategies contextualized in the perspective of those served
- Curriculum which emphasizes the culture and values of the community
- Celebration of the visual arts, legends, oral histories, and fundamental beliefs of the community
- Strong community participation in school curriculum, planning, and operation
- Use of social and political mores of the community
We offer a Service Learning Program that involves a community garden maintained by students as well as interactive, student-centered instruction, personalized college/career portfolios, free tuition, free tutoring, and free bus passes. Our schools are designated alternative high schools as defined by ADE due primarily to the population we serve. Our program enables students to earn high school and college credit and earn credits faster to graduate early.
Totecalli High School is located on Tucson’s south side and serves an average of 120 students per year. Envision High School is located on Tucson’s west side and serves an average of 75 students per year.
CPLC TOTECALLI HIGH SCHOOL
251 W. Irvington Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85714
CPLC ENVISION HIGH SCHOOL
3550 N. Oracle Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85705